Van Halen: ‘The Eruption And The Aftershock’ Book Due In October!
You can pre-order “Van Halen: The Eruption And The Aftershock” by Michael Christopher now (in multiple formats)! Backbeat Books has set a release date of October 1, 2021.
As you might expect, the book features exclusive interviews with band insiders, fans and artists. There’s also thoughts from members of Black Sabbath, Alice In Chains, Velvet Revolver, Pantera, Stryper and more! There’s also never-before-seen photos and previously unpublished interviews with Van Halen members Sammy Hagar, Michael Anthony and Gary Cherone.
Author Michael Christopher said, “This book has been a passion project from the beginning, and you’ll be hard pressed to find another writer who has covered Van Halen so comprehensively over the years and with such reverence. But after the passing of Eddie Van Halen, the news cycle eventually moved on. As it says in the introduction, I wasn’t ready to, and felt like there was still much to say, not just from myself, but the fans, musicians, and so, so many more who have been affected by Van Halen.”
“Van Halen: The Eruption And The Aftershock” looks at the following:
* The arrest of David Lee Roth on the “Van Halen II” tour
* Oakland 1981 and what footage actually exists from the fabled shows
* How close Roth cut making it to the US Festival after falling ill in the Amazon jungle
* What role Van Halen played in the 1985 PMRC hearings
* The strangely ignored first public appearance of “Van Hagar”
* Why the 2007 Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame induction fell apart
Sounds like this book is a must-read for any Van Halen fan!
What’s your favourite rock book?
Website news is powered by Daily Hive Vancouver. Your City. Now. Your home base for everything Vancouver.
** Use the code “Toddcast” and get 10% off the BEST CANNABIS & PSILOCYBIN mushrooms in Canada! https://sacredmeds.com