SLASH AND WIFE DID NOT HAVE A PRENUP, SOURCES SAY
Slash and his wife of 13 years, Perla Hudson, did not sign a prenuptial agreement when they got married in 2001, according to TMZ.com.
Now that the couple are divorcing, Perla has apparently already hired a lawyer to determine how much money Slash has made during the length of their marriage so that she can get the 50 percent of his earnings that she believes she’s entitled to.
- Perla believes that Slash has made tens of millions of dollars during the past 13 years. He has released five albums in that period, including Velvet Revolver’s Contraband, which sold four million copies.
- The former Guns N’ Roses guitarist filed for divorce late last month, citing “irreconcilable differences.” Slash’s divorce petition noted that they separated last June.
- He is asking for joint custody of their two sons, 12-year-old London and 10-year-old Cash.
- Slash filed for divorce once before, in 2010, but decided to give things another try and withdrew his claim. The couple renewed their vows in 2011 on their 10th anniversary.
- Slash will receive the Les Paul Award during the 30th annual NAMM Technical Excellence & Creativity Awards on Saturday, January 24th in Anaheim, California. Previous recipients include Todd Rundgren, Peter Gabriel and Neil Young.