MÖTLEY CRÜE’s VINCE NEIL On The Only Time Band Would Play Again After ‘The Final Tour’

May 14, 2015

Motley Crue singer Vince Neil recently sat down with Vegas2La and talked about the band’s “The Final Tour”, which kicked off last year and will end New Year’s Eve at the Staples Center in Los Angeles after one more round of North American gigs.

motleycrue2014promoshot_638

“We wanted to go out on top,” he said. “We wanted to do it our way. We don’t want to be the band where all [the original] members aren’t in the band anymore. So people can say this was the only Motley Crue. It wasn’t just some rendition of it.”

He continued: “35 years later, we can still sell out arenas and the big outdoor places. Our fans are not just the ones who grew up with us. It’s their kids and their grandkids. There are 12-year-old kids with ‘Shout At The Devil’ shirts on just screaming their heads off and dads with five-year-olds on their shoulders. We’ve been multigenerational and that’s what’s kept us alive.”

Neil, however, clarified that Motley Crue isn’t calling it quits completely and will continue to exist as a band and as a business. The group might even record new music for possible inclusion in commercials or movies.

“I doubt if we’ll ever do another album together [because] then you have to tour it,” he said. “There will be occasional songs now and then.”

Vince also ruled out the possibility of Motley Crue doing a third Las Vegas residency at The Joint inside the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino after two successful runs in 2012 and 2013.

“There will never be another residency,” Neil said. “The last one was it. The door isn’t really open. The only time we would play again would be if we got in the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame and played together.”

 

COMMENTS