Johnny Depp named Hollywood’s most overpaid Actor
Johnny Depp has been named Hollywood’s most overpaid actor by Forbes magazine.
Depp, whose estimated annual earnings is $30m/year — returned just $1.20 for every $1 he was paid, according to Forbes magazine.
Depp’s ranking was was due to financial failures on movies Mortdecai, Transcendence and The Lone Ranger, which all bombed at the box office.
Despite a bad year, Depp is expected to receive an Oscar nomination for his portrayal of Whitey Bulger in mob thriller Black Mass, which fell outside the current period measured by Forbes.
Denzel Washington came in second although none of his last three films including The Equalizer lost money.
Forbes’ most overpaid actors in Hollywood are:
1. Johnny Depp: $1.20 per $1
2. Denzel Washington: $6.50 per $1
3. Will Ferrell: $6.80 per $1
4. Liam Neeson: $7.80 per $1
5. Will Smith: $8.60 per $1
6. Christian Bale: $9.20 per $1
7. Channing Tatum: $10.80 per $1
8. Brad Pitt: $12.00 per $1
9. Ben Affleck: $12.30 per $1
10. Tom Cruise: $13.60 per $1
This Nüs story is powered by Nütrl Vodka – Your vodka