Highest-earning dead celebrities revealed
Forbes has released their annual list of the highest-earning dead celebrities in 2017.
Michael Jackson once again tops the list – for the 5th year in a row. MJ earned $75 million, which includes income from a new greatest hits album, a Las Vegas Cirque du Soleil show and his stake in EMI’s publishing catalogue.
Elvis Presley is the 2nd highest musician on the list, earning $35m; good enough for 4th on the list. Bob Marley was 5th with $23m. Tom Petty, who died only a few weeks ago, came in at #6; he earned $20m this year.
The full list is as follows:
1. Michael Jackson, musician, died 2009 : $75million
2. Arnold Palmer, golfer, died 2016: $40million
3. Charles Schulz, cartoonist, died 2000: $38million
4. Elvis Presley, musician, died 1977: $35million
5. Bob Marley, musician, died 1981: $23million
6. Tom Petty, musician, died 2017: $20million
7. Prince, musician, died 2016: $18million
8. Dr. Seuss, author, died 1991: $16million
9. John Lennon, musician, died 1980: $12million
10. Albert Einstein, physicist, died 1955: $10million
11. David Bowie, musician, died 2016: $9.5million
12. Elizabeth Taylor, actress, died 2011: $8million
13. Bettie Paige, model, died 2008: $7.5million
RIP to all on the list.
Written by: Todd Hancock / https://twitter.com/toddcastpodcast