ANGELINA JOLIE: RETIRING FROM ACTING
Angelina Jolie revealed in a new interview with Du Jour magazine that she is going to retire from acting and concentrate on directing, saying, “I’ve never been comfortable as an actor; I’ve never loved being in front of the camera. I didn’t ever think I could direct, but I hope I’m able to have a career at it because I’m much happier.”
- The 39-year-old Jolie made her directorial debut in 2011 with In The Land Of Blood And Honey.
- Her second feature, Unbroken, just had its world premiere in Australia and opens next month in the U.S. There is already buzz about Oscar nominations for the film, Jolie and lead actor Jack O’Connell.
- The film is based on the true story of Louis Zamperini, who survived for weeks on a life raft during World War II — only to be taken as a prisoner of war by the Japanese.
- Jolie is already directing her third feature, By The Sea, in which she also stars alongside husband Brad Pitt.
- The couple began shooting the movie shortly after their French wedding in August.
STORY PHOTO: (Jim Spellman/WireImage)